Monday, August 19, 2013

Sad, sad, sad day

Today, I make probably single most difficult decision I have ever had to make in my life.   My female lab/doberman mix was put to sleep.   She has had a small bump on her nose for over 2 years.  In the last 2 to 3 months it has grown and grown and become bloody.   After I came home from Las Vegas, I found 2 huge lumps on both sides of her face and she was only eating half of her dog food.

I called a few places and found one that was close to the office.   The entire process took about 30 mins, but the actual sedation only took a matter of seconds.   The vet said she had cancer and she would get worse and it would be very expensive to cut out and she still might not make it.   He really cares about animals.  I saw him wipe a few tears from his eyes as he gave her what was an overdose of a sedative.    She snored for about 3 seconds from sleeping so deep and then she was gone.  

Baby Girl was a very smart dog, she learned tricks very good and was the only dog you could ask "Who let the dogs out?" and she would reply with "Woof, woof, woof!"

She loved to ride in the car and has thousands and thousands of miles under her belt!   :)  She's lived in 3 states, FL twice!!   She loved swimming and could do that for hours.

I'm going to take Sam there to get his shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment