Saturday, August 10, 2013

Vacation 2013 is over. Back to work on Monday

Vacation with Lisa went pretty good.  We headed down I-5 to Bakersfield, CA, then took the long, long, long trip from Bakersfield to Las Vegas.  I think there was an accident a few hours in the day and caused a 4 hour delay for us.   Creeping along in the middle of the Mojave Desert in 105 degree heat at 3 to 5 MPH for 3 hours is HORRIBLE!!

Let me tell you that Las Vegas is basically a few roads with fancy hotels, shopping,  restaurants, and strip clubs.  I guess coming from Orlando/Tampa area I was expecting it to be bigger.  There were 6 or 7 foreigners to every American.  Las Vegas, NV claims to now be the #1 tourist destination in the WORLD!!





Things I learned:
  • Watch out for people.  They stop in front of you and take photos or just go "duhhhh, where are we?"
  • There are people passing out this cards for esccort services EVERYWHERE.  I'm pretty sure you have to learn how to "flip" them before you hit the street.
  • You can get ice cold  $1 bottle water anywhere on the strip.
  • If you win a few times on roulette, walk away! You don't keep winning.
  • Drinks are free when gaming, but tip your cocktail waitress.  She will find you to serve drinks.   :)
  • 105 at 10am is f-ing hot!!
  • 82 for the low is f-ing hot!!
  • Hiking in the desert at 105 is not for the faint of heart.  I did it, but by the end of the hike even our water was over 90.
  • The Fremont Experience was awesome.  Even better when you have a 2' tall mudslide with an extra shot of vodka!!
  • Lisa is fun and I had a great time.






No comments:

Post a Comment