Monday, February 18, 2013

Half Moon Bay and Yosemite National Park

 Sunday, I went to Half Moon Bay, CA with a new friend from MeetUp to help cheer her up.  She's been down in the dumps lately and she wanted to go to the beach.  Since I have never been, we went to just play tourist for the day.  Half Moon Bay is a nice little town, and the beach was pretty.    Not Tampa at the Gulf pretty, but it beats the valley any day.
Monday, Lisa wanted to go on another "adventure" with me, so she chose Yosemite National Park.  I paid the extra $20 for an annual pass, so I could go back free for a year!!

I was feeling pretty confident about hiking.  The last time I was in Yosemite I was fat, out of shape and it was super cold.    Lisa and I ended up hiking 7 to 9 miles, which was about a 2,700' elevation gain.   It was a tough day.  We hiked for about 5 hours!!   After that we decided we could eat ANYTHING we wanted.   We drove to Mariposa and the only thing we could find that was open was Mexican.  I'm starting to think that's all CA has is Mexican and Chinese places.   After I came home, I took a hot bath and went to bed.  I'm pretty sure Lisa did the same thing.   It was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment