Monday, February 4, 2013

Men are emotional too

My friend Julie (http://justmejuliejulie.blogspot.com) just posted a really awesome blog about an annual marriage contract.   It's worth the read.

It got me thinking about what I should write about since it's been a few days.   I think I will write some personal stuff about me that some of my close friends know, but most do not.

1.  My father was a factory worker that made hot dog and sausage casings.  I remember pops (my name for my dad) would bring some home for us to play with an unravel them.  Fun times!!

2.  I don't care for sports.  Never have.  My father wasn't into sports, so he never played catch, threw the football, etc.    I wish he would have.

3.  I have been working since 12 years.   Wether it has been  working for farmers, or receiving a regular paycheck..   Some jobs I have held are watermelon cultivator. babysitter, short order cook, popcorn detasseler , hay baler, roofer, Walmart photo lab technician (super fun!!), and computer technician.

4.  I'm afraid of uncontrolled heights.

5. I have lived in 4 states, and moved to FL twice.

6. I was baptised at 14 years old without either parent witnessing.   :(

7. I consider myself a country boy.  Yes, I have planted and harvest a 40 acre plot of corn.  A farmer let me do it one year.   It was amazing!!

8.  I have a fear that I will die and nobody will come to my funeral.   I want to make an impact on every life I touch.

9.  I'm not afraid to cry.  Especially, when it affects me personally.

and last but not least.

10.  I want to be a father and show my child that I can be a better father then my own was to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment