Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012.. with a twist

This year, I crossed an item off my bucket list.  I volunteered to feed people a traditional Thanksgiving dinner that may have no eaten that day.  They weren't necessarily homeless, but deserved a hot meal never-the-less.

The dining hall seated around 300 people and I say we busted our ass for a solid 2 hours.   Maybe 2,000.

Working in a sit down restaurant growing up, I had no problem serving, and cleaning up.  I think I missed it.  Especially, since I didn't have to cook.   ha ha.   The people would come in, sit down, and I would hold up the number of plates of food I needed and runners would bring them to me.  There were people serving, pies, cleaning up the tables, and taking out the trash.

holding up hands for meals
plating the food
the dining hall
My helper Jamee.... she was so cute!
One of the kids eating
:)
Mother/daughter pushing their pies!    :)
I would have no problems going back to serving.  I enjoyed chit chatting!   :)   It was an experience  I will NEVER forgot, and will most likely become a Thanksgiving tradition of mine.   I met a lot of fun caring people.


No comments:

Post a Comment