Thursday, October 18, 2012

Farm Day in San Francisco

I got the opportunity through the San Joaquin Farm Bureau to help teach kids in San Francisco about farm animals and learning where the food they eat comes from.  It was awesome experience and even though my day started at 4am, I will remember it for the rest of my life.

I did the apple demo. It teaches the children how little of the earth is used to grow the worlds food.   Then they get to eat farm fresh apples.

The walnuts

The 4 basic food groups

Their play "structure"

Corn

4 basic food groups

walnuts

Corn

Fresh veggies

The kids

We brought a horse and cattle trailer.

There was a pig, a beef steer, a sheep and 2 lambs, a bunny, a horse  a chicken, a presentation on the 4 food groups, a presentation on walnuts, and a presentation on corn.

No comments:

Post a Comment